It was my birthday on the 4th of December (about a week ago lol) and on each birthday I tend to reflect on the year that has passed, how I’ve grown and what I have learnt in that time. Since I have lived for 21 years I decided to share 21 life lessons that I have learnt. 21 years, 21 lessons to keep in mind:
- Self-love above all.
- Scars map what you’ve been through, the roads you’ve travelled, and the pain you’ve endured. Scars are beautiful.
- Rather have 5 genuine friends than 50 fake friends
- Karma will take care of it so don’t bother yourself with the wrong doings of others.
- Black always wins.
- Failure is only a detour on your journey, not the end of it.
- Never let your worth depend on how others define it.
- Know no limitations.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. Fight fear and push the boundaries.
- No matter how ready you are, you can never make anyone else ready for you.
- Just like trust, respect is earned.
- It’s the little things that matter.
- Walk away from anyone or anything that brings you down. Negativity manifests and builds a nest in your home if you open the door, keep that door shut.
- Smile, even when the world isn’t smiling back at you.
- When you welcome people into your heart and they leave, they leave with parts of you.
- Expect less.
- It’s important to take a step back and appreciate the simple pleasures of this beautiful thing we call life.
- Write, write, write and keep on writing.
- Everything is, as it should be. Don’t try to fight your journey, just let it be.
- The only person you should be trying to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
- You are enough.
I chose not to do anything big for my birthday and opted for an intimate dinner instead which I really enjoyed 🙂
My ootd consisted of black, black and more black (Knowing me, you’d know that black clothing is my fave). Mesh is one of the trends that I’m loving right now and If i’m not mixing colours, then I think it’s great to mix different textures and styles.